Episode 5 - My Journey With Lyme Disease
Aug 29, 2019
Lyme Disease is something that is very close to my heart and one thing that I’m very passionate about sharing. And it’s because I have it. To this day, I still struggle with sharing my story. But I have found that I have helped a lot of people when I shared the mental and physical hardships I went through and am going through, especially during the time that I was trying to get a diagnosis.
This is going to be a 2-part episode. Today, I will share my story of Lyme disease, how I received the diagnosis, and what I have been through to get where I am now. Next week, I will be talking about how to parent a child while suffering from a chronic illness.
If you or someone you know has this disease, I want you to know that you are not alone. My journey has not been easy and I want to share it with you today in the hopes that it will help you or someone you love.
- [03:32] I share my journey with a chronic illness called Lyme Disease and the story of how I got it, my struggle in finding out the diagnosis of my disease, being misdiagnosed, and the symptoms I was feeling.
- [20:47] My body adapted to feeling sick and it became “my new normal.” I share how I survived the feelings of mental and physical exhaustion while parenting two young children and still trying to run my private practice.
- [31:25] For two years, no one knew what was going on with me - including multiple physicians who misdiagnosed me. So who finally diagnosed me? A psychic! Yep, you heard that right. One day, I went to a psychic and she told me, “you have Lyme disease.” A few days later, I went to meet with my new physician and she confirmed this diagnosis. I not only received the formal diagnosis of Lyme disease but also found out that I had and a secondary diagnosis of Epstein-Barre.
- [38:10] Three years after contracting Lyme disease, I started having neuro-cognitive symptoms of Lyme disease. I finally was able to meet my first Lyme specialist and then a second. Following a new protocol I was finally able to start healing.
- [43:15] I found out from specialists that I also had two other coinfections of Babesia and Mycoplasma Pneumonia. I followed Stephen Brunner’s protocol for one year and I was able to cure my Babesia.
- [44:38] I still have Lyme disease, Epstein-Barre, and Mycoplasma Pneumonia. Currently I am no longer taking antibiotics, but that can change at any time given the nature of the disease.